PASV FTP problems

Hello,

I posted this problem a while back and got a few responses, unfortunately none of them panned out so I'll try again. I am trying to run a passive FTP server behind an SMC 7004AWBR wireless broadband router. I've got the router configured to forward FTP (port 21) sessions to my FTP server and users can connect with no problem. But when the user issues the PASV command the following happens:

1. User issues PASV command
2. FTP server responds: "227 Entering Passive Mode (<internal IP>, <internal port>)"
3. SMC intercepts this response and substitutes: "227 Entering Passive Mode (<external IP>, <external port>)"
4. Client attempts to make a connection to the external IP address/port combination
5. SMC redirects the connection request to my FTP server but doesn't translate back to the internal port number
6. My FTP server is listening on the internal port # and the connection request is for the external port # so the connection fails.

I've confirmed all of the above using ethereal to capture the packets in and out of my FTP server.

So...my question is...has anyone been successful in getting a passive FTP server running behind an SMC router (in particular the 7004AWBR) ? If so, what magical configuration options did you use? I've tried a lot of them - some of them suggested by SMC support personnel - to no avail.

Alternatively, can anyone point me to a different wireless router that they have had success with? Vendors don't seem to advertise whether or not they support passive FTP servers...

Thanks,

Larry LeBlanc