setting up syslog, am i missing a step?

Hello,

Ok I just got a Netopia Cayman 3346-ENT and for the life of me I can't
get my linux server to receive data via syslog from the router.

The router is setup correctly. (i.e. I'm using the correct IP address
and I'm taking not of what facility the router is using).

The linux server as far as I know is also setup correctly. (btw this is
on a Redhat 9 install.)

I added the -r option to /etc/sysconfig/syslog.
I also added 'local0.* /var/log/dslrouter' to /etc/syslog.conf.

I've restarted syslog numerous times but still there are no records
written to /var/log/dslrouter. These are the same configuration changes
I made to another box that is logging messages from a sonicwall firewall
and it is working fine. I even tried having the new router log to the
known working box, but it still didn't work.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Chris.

--
Don't like reformatting your Outlook replies? Now there's relief!
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/