Re: Firewall Configuration in Redhat 9.0

and he wrote earlier:

> > Other notes, I have iptables service enabled. It starts at boot.
> > Also, I
> > have tried to use iptables directly i.e iptables -A INPUT -p tcp
> > ... etc. Still nothing.

Do you also have ipchains enabled?  Both cannot be running at once.  If
you've got ipchains enabled and if it started first it's possible that
ipchains is trying to be the firewall, not iptables.

I don't have any more details as I only run RHL9 on my desktop which is
behind a firewall, and doesn't have it's own.  My RHL7.3 boxes use
ipchains.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation