Error during Oracle Installaion

Dear Friends,

I am a Linux newbie. I have a dual OS box at home configured with Windows and RH Linux 7.2. I am trying to install oracle as per the recently published white paper in the Redhat linux home site. I have followed all the steps and encountered the following problem.

>> (In the white paper )Start the X Window system
>> $ startx

I am getting the following error here

    Fatal server error:
        Server is already active for display 0
        If the server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.XO-lock and start again

While I go through the document it says, if you are logging into the server via GUI window ( I am using KDE ), then the xwindows is already running.

So I proceed to the next command

>>cd MEDIA/Disk1
>> ./runInstaller

I got the following error

    ./runInstaller: ./runInstaller: Cannot execute binary file

I issue the command xclock, it showed me the clock in display. How can I start my oracle installation. Please shed some light.

Regards
Kumar