RE: compiling rules in fwbuilder (Was fwbuilder)

Hi,

Yeah I know it works, because I ran the file using sh. I have fully
tested the firewall and I am happy with it. But I am trying to get it to
load at boot.

I am just worried that it is going to conflict with the existing
iptables config file.

So far, what I have done is:

	1.	Rename /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables to iptables.old
	2.	chmod 644 iptables.old (To stop it from being run at
bootup)
	3.	copy the fwbuilder script to /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables
	4.	restarted the machine.

When I restart the machine I just get an error message saying that eth1
doesn't exist. Now this seems because the iptables file is being run
before eth1 is being activated.

I presume I have two options:

1. Take the code from the fwbuilder script and merge it with the
original iptables file (now called iptables.old). I am not completely
comfortable with this since all I would do is put the code inside the
start() function, but I don't know if this would work.

2. Merge the rules from the fwbuilder script with the iptables rules
located in /etc/sysconfig/.

Are either of these a good idea? I have no clue how other people do it
when using fwbuilder. There wasn't anything in the fwbuilder manual.

Just want some advice. Thanks.