Re: Opera 7.21

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 08:19:59PM +1000, Michael Mansour wrote:
>  --- "David C. Hart" <DCH@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > I have
> generally disliked Opera but the newest
> > version is worth looking
> > at (IMO). This is the first version that has stayed
> > on my computer for
> > more than a few minutes (in other words, it actually
> > works as expected).
> >
> > The bottom line is that it is smaller and
> > considerably faster than
> > Mozilla. It also maps mailto's to Evolution which I
> > have never been able
> > to accomplish in Moz.
>
> I used to use Mozilla all the time, until Opera 7.11
> was released. Mozilla still looked better (IMO) but
> Opera simply offered more functionality. The new
> version 7.21 was a dead easy upgrade of an RPM keeping
> all my original settings, nothing to reconfigure. I've
> also found it more stable. It's really a good product.

I've pretty much stopped using Opera for Linux (used it pretty
faithfully for 2 or 3 years) since MozillaFirebird. Why?
One big reason is because Opera's printing of web pages is
absolutely horrid. It won't print, or it prints to the wrong
printer, or the pages' formats are all screwed up, or... And
despite me (and others) having complained for 2 years it hasn't
been corrected. But you're right, it's small, looks good, works
great (mostly).