Re: 3Com BT575 Cardbus Adapt. Problem Solved

David C. Hart wrote:
Just a brief follow-up to a prior post. Well I tried everything, every
kernel, every release of PCMCIA-CS and every combination of the two.

The simple solution is to use mii-diag to set a NIC on the server to HD
(speed and advertising). I've done some checking and, apparently, the
difference in network throughput with HD vs. FD is insignificant.

BTW, I also tried other cards including Netgear and Linksys. The Tulip
driver is more problematic at least on this card bus.

Strange. I've had numerous problems with Linksys cards (both in Linux and Windoze), but the Netgear cards have worked flawless for me under all RH versions since 6.2 (was using 3Com cards before that).

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush