Re: Failed Red Hat 9 Dependencies

At 13:59 10/18/2003, you wrote:
Randy Chrismon wrote:
John Nichel wrote:

Randy Chrismon wrote:

I have the complete Red Hat 9 rpm database installed but I guess I just don't know how to query it. What provides libcrypto and libssl? Particularly the versions required by MySQL (libcrypto.0.9.6 and libssl.0.9.6)? I have both files on my system but they are version 0.9.7. and MySQL doesn't seem to be interested in the later version.

Use rpm -qf <filename> to get what package a file belongs too.
I've tried but all it gets me is "no such file or directory." I've also tried rpm -q --whatprovides to no avail.
Randy

Did you compile SSL from source, and not RPM by chance?

Kept the whole message since I couldn't readily see who said what.

"rpm -qf /usr/bin/mrtg" will tell me which of the installed packages owns this file. Which package is supposed to provide a file, whether or not it exists on the current system, is given (I think) by "rpm -q --redhatprovides /usr/bin/mrtg". Check to see if that works, I'm not sure.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx