Re: SendMail GUI

Get off your soapbox. I offered an alternative suggestion, and even warned him of the qmail mailing list.

"friends don't force friends to patch and recompile just to prove they have hair on their chest"

But friends will let friends use the number 5 "Most Critical Internet Security Threat" (http://www.sans.org/top20/top10.php)?

Wow, do you believe in statistics?
I think sendmail is on rank 6 at the moment, since it is used that often.
Look at apache, it is on 3!

I think other services have no rank, since these services are so rare, that

on the one hand it is not possible counting them
and on the other hand, there is noone who tries to find vulnerabilities ....

Imagine a service that only exists on my computer. It will always be the safest, since noone knows it and noone uses it and noone tries to break in.

...But, I admit. Today I also changed from sendmail to postfix ;-)

Cornelius