sasl SMTP-AUTH and postfix

I was just wondering, whats the best way to go about SMTP-AUTH on a
postfix 1.1.12 server? I see RH comes with saslauth and postfix which I
have setup almost identically to the howto on RH's site. (and everything
these seems to be working fine)

So I tried to get SMTP-AUTH working with cyrus sasl using only the default
rh9 packages,

But adding
----main.cf------------------------------
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
   permit_sasl_authenticated,
   permit_mynetworks,
   check_relay_domains

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

---smtpd.conf---------------------------------
pwcheck_method: sasldb

then I started saslauthd and set it up to boot with the system. And then I
added a user and password to /etc/sasldb using saslpasswd for me to relay
with when I'm away from home, but I am still unable to authenticate
against it, It keeps bringing up the password box when I set mozilla-mail
to use SMTP authentication.

If I telnet in and EHLO the server this is what I get

220 mail.dustsmoke.com ESMTP Postfix
EHLO dustsmoke.com
250-mail.dustsmoke.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
250-XVERP
250 8BITMIME

As far as I can tell, that's what it should say. But excuse my noobness.

Any Ideas? Or any ideas where I should go from here?

This has been my guide thus far;
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/

Thanks,
Michael