Re: Memory Resources - Howto Refresh

David C. Hart wrote:
On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 08:22, Eduardo A. dela Rosa wrote:

Hi,

Well, I don't really want to reboot my box.  Is there a way that I
could refresh (or probably
release the unused) resources of my box?  After all, some of my
previously used

That brings up an interesting question; Our server runs 24 X 7. Does
anyone use (need) a cron to reboot once a month or so?

Definitely Not.
This is *nix. My systems have been up for MANY months without any need for reboot. I have also heard of people with systems up for years. The only need I have had to reboot is only to test my UPS, or move the server. If it is windows, it will die anyway, so a preemptive reboot or all out replacement would be a good idea :)

--
Rick Bragg
Green Mountain Network