Re: Samba 3.0 on RH7.2 : shared libraries problem - unable to make stack executable ...

Paul Libert wrote:

I'm trying to get openLDAP 2.1 and Samba 3.0 on 7.2-enigma (reason : this machines has Veritas VXfs and VXvm on it and thus I cannot upgrade the kernel ...)
To achieve this, I've upgraded several packages with RawHide and RedHat 9.0 versions.
Dependencies were OK but now, my system is mostly unusuable.

That's not unusual. Don't (and by don't, I mean never) use binary packages from newer releases of the distribution. They're almost never compatible. The fact that your system is mostly unusable is no surprise.

Attempt to revert the packages to their original versions. Failing that, reformat your system disks and reinstall the OS properly.

When you've restored your system to a working state, get the src.rpm for Samba 3.0 and recompile it on the platform you're using. If it needs additional updates, get their src.rpm and recompile those, too.