Re: C++ lib compatibility between Red Hat 9 and 7.3

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 06:03:52PM -0500, Otto Haliburton wrote:

> > So these developers, many of which, if not most, are unpaid, spend
> > a portion of their free time working on something that they have
> > essentially given to you, but they did not do it just the way you
> > would like? Is that it?
> >
> That's a stupid comment.  I'm a developer.  The issue is they don't

Sorry, didn't know. You sounded just like a JAFU (Just Another F'ing
User). My mistake.

> have all the resources necessary to test what they develop, because
> they are for free.  That's the issue.  You need to get a
> grip!!!!!!!

If you don't like what someone is giving you, then either graciously
ignore the shortcomings, or find a way to make it work for you. Or hell,
offer to contribute to help fix the problem. Simply complaining about
it, and throwing about grand ideas doesn't really do much for anybody.
Maybe they could use another developer on the team.

--
Hal Burgiss