ntp stratum ?????

I have installed RedHat 8.0 and i've trying to use it as a ntp server for my switches. I configured the ntp.conf and it is seems to working as a daemon at least. First i have been trying to allow sync only for another machine with windows xp, but when i try to sync from the xp machine (home version) it tells me the following error message:

An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with 10.1.52.39. The time sample was rejected because: The peer's stratum is less than the host's stratum.

I tried to sync XP with stratum 1 and stratum 2 public servers and it seems to work fine. My guess is that somehow the stratum of the Linux box is less than the windows box requires. I want to change redhat in a stratum 2 server so xp can sync from it.

I do not really care that much about the exact time, i just want to have the same time in my network. An maybe some one can give me a clue how to start ntp daemon without having to connect to to internet, but just with the local clock

The following is the ntp.conf file

server time.nist.gov
server 128.227.205.3
broadcast 10.255.255.255
restrict 127.0.0.1
restrict 10.1.52.37   // which is the name of XP machine
driftfile /etc/ntp/ntp.drift
resolver /etc/ntp/ntpres
keys /etc/ntp/ntp.keys
restrict default ignore