Re: NFS over tcp

this is more like it...but I've read it already.
Somewhat lacking when it refers to NFS over TCP,
Section 5.4 describes the pros and cons, but not how to configure it

<snip>
5.4. NFS over TCP
A new feature, available for both 2.4 and 2.5 kernels but not yet
integrated into the mainstream kernel at the time of this writing, is NFS
over TCP. Using TCP has a distinct advantage and a distinct disadvantage
over UDP. The advantage is that it works far better than UDP on lossy
networks. When using TCP, a single dropped packet can be retransmitted,
without the retransmission of the entire RPC request, resulting in better
performance on lossy networks. In addition, TCP will handle network speed
differences better than UDP, due to the underlying flow control at the
network level.

The disadvantage of using TCP is that it is not a stateless protocol like
UDP. If your server crashes in the middle of a packet transmission, the
client will hang and any shares will need to be unmounted and remounted.

The overhead incurred by the TCP protocol will result in somewhat slower
performance than UDP under ideal network conditions, but the cost is not
severe, and is often not noticable without careful measurement. If you are
using gigabit ethernet from end to end, you might also investigate the
usage of jumbo frames, since the high speed network may allow the larger
frame sizes without encountering increased collision rates, particularly
if you have set the network to full duplex.