smartmontools

I just had a SCSI drive failure on one of my RH boxes.  This one is running
7.2 and a RAID 5.  A user contacted me to tell me that they could not get to
their shared drive.  I would like to set something up that would contact me
if the drive dies.
I have setup a Nagios server but it is only telling me if the server is off
line (which it was not).
I would like to monitor the SCSI drives themselves.  I found the
SMARTMONTOOLS and the SMARTSUITE.  I tried it on my own box.
Does any one use these utils and could you tell me if you like them and if I
can set them up to send me info?
Or does anyone have a plugin for Nagios that may do this monitoring?
Or any other insight would be great.
Thanks,
Doug

 "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is
sure."
Mark Twain