populate local IMAP from remote POP?

I am thinking about trying to set a local IMAP server, but I have a dynamic
connection. Basically, I am just wanting to gain a little more experience
and was hopeing someone could direct me as to what I am going to need to
read. Here are two situations I would like to investigate.

First, I have a hosting company that hosts 5 email accounts, how can I pull
the mail from those accounts and have them placed into the associated
accounts on my server. When mail is sent from my server how do I get it have
it routed so that it appears to come from my hosting company so that replies
go there?

Second, can a company host mail in such a way that all email for a hosted
domain despite the username is placed into a single mail box, and is it
possible to use fetchmail or a similar application to split this mail up by
account on the local IMAP server?

If anyone knows of the actually terminology, FAQs, DOCs or anything I can
read to learn more about this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad