How to start an application from a launcher?

Hi,

I have added a new launcher, but how do I configure it
to start an application?
I have installed Eclipse, and to start it I move to
its folder ( cd $HOME/eclipse ), and then start it (
./eclipse ).
So, I created a file $HOME/eclipse/start with
permitions 555, like this

cd $HOME/eclipse
./eclipse

and at the launcher was configured to execute the
command $HOME/eclipse/start.
It starts the application, but then for some reason
the application is killed.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Andre