Re: RedHat Linux 9.0 and Netcard of Thinkpad G40

Le Ngoc Thach wrote:

Hi all,
I'm using RedHatLinux 9.0 in IBM Thinkpad G40 that its netcard is Broadcom NetXtreme Fast Ethernet. It's seem Linux unknown this netcard.
What can I do to Linuz recognize the netcard.

Thanks.

Thach.

The driver (bc5700) that is available has the wrong base iomem address for the G40. I was able to change the value in the header file and recompiled it against the kernel I was using. You need to recompile the driver and install it. It is necessary to recompile it since it has to be done against the kernel you are using. The instructions are in the included README.TXT file under the section "Building the Driver From Tar File". If anyone would like the driver source tar, feel free to contact me. Broadcom was nice enough to release it under GPL.

Fred