Re: Another newb question. (Uninstalling apps)

Donald Tyler wrote:
Maybe not for this, but I am 95% braindead when it comes to *nix.

Don't worry...we were all new at this once. There are many sources to help you along your way, man being one of them. If you want to know how to use something like grep, at the command line, just type, "man grep". If there is a man (manual) page for it, it will show up. Also, many *nix commands support the help switch. If you want to know how to show a directory's contents and include owner/group/filesize in the output, you could type, "ls --help" at the command line (ls being the command to list directories and their contents). Another resource that has been a HUGE help to me is the Linux Documentation Project (http://www.tldp.org/). Check that site out once you're ready to actually put your OS to work. Last but not least, Google is your friend.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush