Re: RPM Installed SpamAssassin

Craig Daters wrote:

How does SpamAssassin work? What does one have to do to use RH's installed copy? Most of the SpamAssassin stuff I find on the list is in something other than english, and I am wondering if anyone has info that could save me an hour of sifting through archives? I am looking to an equally simple answer compared to the SquirrelMail problem/solution.

Regards,

Craig D.

The easiest thing to do is install spamassassin from rpm's. This will create a /etc/mail/spamassassin directory. Use this link:

http://www.yrex.com/spam/spamconfig.php

to generate the spamassassin local.cf file. Put that file in /etc/mail/spamassassin. I invoke spamassassin via procmail. As soon as a user does this, spamassassin will create $HOME/.spamassassin directory. In that directory will be a user_prefs file. If the users want to overide these defaults, that can add those changes to their $HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs file.

I know there are other ways to invoke spamassassin, but I don't have many users here, so overhead is not a big issue. YMMV.

HTH, Bill