Re: Apache: I'm brand new...need some help

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 13:05, Jason Williams wrote:
> Good morning everyone.
>
> I started playing with Apache today and really need to find some good
> documentation on it, as well as some examples.
> I'm running Apache 2.0.44 on RH 8.0.
>
> I was curious if anyone could point me in the direction of some good books,
> links, tutorials and how to get started...I feel like I have a pretty steep
> learning curve for Apache and want to get started right away.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for good books? How about good tutorial links?

did you install the manual?

try rpm -qi httpd-manual

[bhughes@sovpn cgi-bin]$ rpm -qi httpd-manual
Name        : httpd-manual                 Relocations: (not
relocateable)
Version     : 2.0.40                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 11.7                          Build Date: Thu 21 Aug 2003
09:54:28 AM CDT
Install date: Fri 10 Oct 2003 09:45:13 AM CDT      Build Host:
daffy.perf.redhat.com
Group       : Documentation                 Source RPM:
httpd-2.0.40-11.7.src.rpm
Size        : 3187605                          License: Apache Software
License
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 02 Sep 2003 03:56:24 PM CDT, Key ID
219180cddb42a60e
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://httpd.apache.org/
Summary     : Documentation for the Apache HTTP server.
Description :
The httpd-manual package contains the complete manual and
reference guide for the Apache HTTP server. The information can
also be found at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/.

There is a significant amount of information in there.

Bret