From: "Jason Williams" <jwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 2:05 PM
Subject: Apache: I'm brand new...need some help

Good morning everyone.

I started playing with Apache today and really need to find some good
documentation on it, as well as some examples.
I'm running Apache 2.0.44 on RH 8.0.

I was curious if anyone could point me in the direction of some good books,
links, tutorials and how to get started...I feel like I have a pretty steep
learning curve for Apache and want to get started right away.

Does anyone have recommendations for good books? How about good tutorial
links?

While im here, let me ask a quick question:

If I have a cgi script that I want to call for only certain people, what
would be the best way to go about doing that? I know in RH that there is a
cgi-bin in /var/www/cgi-bin.. I put the cgi script in there and then went
to my test url:

http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/test.cgi

It comes up fine with no problem.

But im curious, because I need to set some restrictions on this for only
certain users. Would i have to put the .cgi script some where else?
Thanks for every ones help.

Jason