RE: Can I burn a CD containing Power Point files with X-CD Roast

When you burn a cd - typically - you will create an image of the CD on your hard disk
which in turn will be burned into the CD. The same thing occurs whether you're using
linux or windows. In the case of linux an app named mkisofs (make ISO file system)
is called. As it turns out there are a number of extensions to the ISO file system, which
by the way is the most common file system used on data CD's i.e. non-music CD's.
These extensions include several which deal with the number of characters in a
file name (the RockRidge extensions), including the path to the file.
In your case you have called for 2 or more of your files to have the same path
and/or filename. This is the error that mkisofs is complaining about.

So I don't know which program you are using to burn your CD, in my case it would
be xcdroast and there you can alter which ISO extensions you want and when creating
the CD image specify what the path will be on the CD. I suspect your program
would have the same facilities. So look to see if you can determine what the
path to the file will be on the CD and change that for the conflicting paths.

J.

damovand <galaxylappin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted

I tried tried to burn a CD with power point files on it for a lecture that I'm preparing. I followed the instructions on Redhad site how to use X-CD ROM

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/getting-started-guide/s1-disks-cdrw.html

But when I clicked the tab for create session/image I got and error message. Reading through it seems to indicate a problem with the format of the file. Can anyone confim this for me? Do I understand it correctly, that there is no way to burn a CD containing files with formats unknown to Liunx environment? Is there anything I can do?