Re: RH9 - Sound, ethernet, and video are not detected on new MSI motherboard?

Mark G. Spencer wrote:

I just installed Red Hat 9 on a MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R motherboard.  It has
"Onboard Intel Gigabit LAN", "5.1 Channel Audio", and an ATI Radeon 9200
video card.

I'm sure I can resolve the audio and video so I'm not too worried about
them.  The ethernet not being detected though is a big problem, since
updating the machine would be most efficient connected to my network!

Any ideas on how to get this ethernet chipset recognized and functional in a
fresh (all packages selected) install of RH9?  I have a floppy and CD drive
on this machine so I can burn/copy drivers and whatever else necessary to
removable media to get the ethernet up.

Thanks,

Mark

Have you checked the Intel site to see whether there are any drivers? I know the Express Pro 100 series has been long supported but maybe the Gigabit drivers aren't included in 9 yet? I would assume Intel have some drivers for it.

Regards,
Ed.