Re: Why My Mouse do not work on RH9

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 10:55, Sambit Nanda wrote:
> My RH9 System is connected to 2 port Data Transport
> Swtich,  When i change my switch knob from Linux to
> Window and then come back to Linux , my mouse does not
> work in linux, I had reported this problem before
> also, but unfortunately no one respond to my question.
> I never had this type of problem on RH8, Can any one
> help me.

Above you say "switch knob".  Does this mean you have one of those
mechanical switches as opposed to an electrical KVM switch?  If so, I'm
surprised it worked on RH8.

I had one of those a while back on a Linux/Windows setup and it was a
50/50 chance of it working after the switch.  The way to get it working
is to logout (if you can) which will cause the X-server to restart and
bring back your mouse.  Or if you can't logout then "ctrl-alt-bkspace"
to kill the X-server.

Bottom line.  Get a real KVM switch....

Regards,
Ed

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.