Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation - it lives!

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:47:42PM -0400, David Hart wrote:
> > http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=20359120&loc=105&queryType=soft
> >
> I don't mind paying for software but I'm a tad confused. Other than
> Up2Date, does this offer anything other than the convenience of not
> having to download and burn? It's cheap enough. In fact, as I recall,
> this is less expensive than the RH9 box.

I expect that there might a license key in the box to authenticate you
against RHN.  In other words, you probably can't install the same copy
on 10 workstations and keep them up to date.  I'm guessing on that one
though based on the fact that RHEL had a license key in the box.

The bigger difference is that this is based on RHEL and therefore will
have the longer life cycle that many of us have asked for.  You won't
see a new RHPW release every 6 months.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx