Re: Re[2]: Apply security updates offline on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7 (Ootpa) in Production environment

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 7:19 AM Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 5:32 AM R. de Kuijer <postmaster@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The Spacewalk project (Satellite version 5) indeed stopped last year.
>> Only Oracle stil uses it for their OL distribution for updates.
>>
>> Follow-up is the Katello/Foreman project you can use freely, or
>> Satellite6 for the licensed.
>>
>> The official project site https://www.theforeman.org
>>

>> Keep in mind that Satellite6 is specially configured to only support RHEL
>> servers, no others.
>>
>> Katello/Foreman can handle multiple Linux distro's : RedHat, Debian based
>> and more.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Ron de Kuijer
>>

> Thanks Ron for the email response with a detailed explanation. Much
> appreciated. Thanks once again.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kaushal

Hi Ron,

I am not sure if I understand the difference between Katello and Foreman.
Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal