Re: Apply security updates offline on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7 (Ootpa) in Production environment

Have you considered setting up a Spacewalk (free) or Satellite (licensed) server, in your envinronment?

This way, you could use it as an internet connected, central repository to pull in all of the patches, and then your internal systems could pull and apply their patches from this internal repository instead of reaching out, directly, to Red Hat's servers over the internet.

On 2023-09-11 06:04, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Hi,

Further to the earlier email, is there a way to list security related
vulnerabilities for production environment offline systems which are not
connected to the Internet?

On Sun, Sep 10, 2023 at 8:09 AM Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sun, Sep 10, 2023 at 12:58 AM Matty Sarro <msarro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is a plugin for yum called "downloadonly". I think 8 has it by
default.

You should be able to go on to a like system and run "yum update
--downloadonly --downloaddir=/path/to/directory" which will download all
of
the packages into /path/to directory.

Then you can copy the packages to the target system in a given directory.
Then to install navigate to the directory and run "yum local install
*.rpm"
and it'll update.

-Matty

On Sat, Sep 9, 2023, 12:49 PM Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx>