Re: LPIC or RHCA

It depends what you're looking to do. Are you more interested in general
Linux knowledge? Are you interested in all Unix operating systems? What is
your purpose for getting the certification? I'm going for my RHCE because I
work solely on red hat in my engineering pursuits so it makes the most
sense. Lpic makes sense if you're going to be doing lots of stuff with
different OSs.

If you're a computer science major, will you even need to know this stuff? I
mean, many programmers have no clue about operating systems or hardware. You
don't need to know how engines work to drive cars (crappy analogy but I hope
it makes sense).

Good luck either way!
-Matty