Re: Updated -next branch and repo for RCU commits

On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 08:02:12AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, 28 May 2024 11:54:44 -0700 "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > From here on, could you please pull from branch "next" in our shiny new
> > shared RCU tree?
> >
> > 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rcu/linux
>
> Do you want this to replace your current tree, or in addition?

Please add this one from the shared tree, and change my -rcu tree's branch
from "rcu/next" to "non-rcu/next".  If the non-RCU stuff from my tree
continues to be under "rcu/next", someone is going to get very confused,
and there is an all-too-good chance that this someone will be me.  ;-)

> > Please let me know of any questions or concerns.  Or, for that matter, if
> > there is some automated way to do this that I have long since forgotten.
> >
> > I will still have non-RCU commits from my own tree for -next, and I must
> > confess that the name "rcu/next" seems entirely inappropriate (to say
> > nothing of confusing) for that purpose.  Would you be OK changing to a
> > branch named "non-rcu/next" or something similar?
>
> I don't care what the branch is called as long as it is a stable name.
>
> I have done the following for now: added the new rcu tree as above and
> renamed the old rcu tree to be the paulmck tree (still fetching the
> rcu/next branch).  Let me know what you want the final set up to look
> like.  Also, do you have more contacts (preferable full email
> addresses) for the new rcu tree (currently I just have you)?

Please make the newly renamed paulmck tree pull from "non-rcu/next".

The additional contacts for the new shared RCU tree are:

Frederic Weisbecker <frederic@xxxxxxxxxx>
Neeraj Upadhyay <neeraj.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxxx>
Boqun Feng <boqun.feng@xxxxxxxxx>
Uladzislau Rezki <urezki@xxxxxxxxx>