Re: Move mdadm development to Github

On 30/04/2024 12:15, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
We really should keep the mailing list alive, and enable people
to choose which interface suits them best.
I don't have a problem in switching to github as the primary
tree, but we should keep the original location intact as a
mirror and continue to allow people to use the mailing list
to send patches.

This is especially important for low-volume mailing lists,
where we have quite a few occasional contributors, and we
should strive to make it as easy (and convenient) as possible
for them.

Well they're planning to keep the mailing list - it isn't an mdadm list anyway. So long as they keep an eye on the list for list responses.

A lot of people (like me) go near github maybe once in a blue moon. Expecting non-dedicated developers to check regularly is a very big ask. Expecting reviewers to know what to do on github is a big ask!

I use github for a project, and really don't know my way around it.

Cheers,
Wol