Re: Move mdadm development to Github

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 08:27:44 +0100
Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24/04/2024 13:27, Paul E Luse wrote:
> > * Instead of using the mailing list to propose patches, use GitHub Pull
> >    Requests. Mariusz is setting up GitHub to send an email to the mailing
> >    list so that everyone can still be made aware of new patches in the
> >    same manner as before.  Just use GitHub moving forward for actual
> >    code reviews.
>
> Does that mean contributors now need a github account? That won't go
> down well with some people I expect ...
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

Hi Wol,

There are thousands repositories on Github you have to register to participate
and I don't believe that Linux developers may don't have Github account. It is
almost impossible to not have a need to sent something to Github.

Here some examples:
https://github.com/iovisor/bcc
https://github.com/axboe/fio
https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut