Re: Move mdadm development to Github

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 03:36:37 -0700
Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:22:39AM +0200, Mariusz Tkaczyk wrote:
> > There are thousands repositories on Github you have to register to
> > participate and I don't believe that Linux developers may don't have
> > Github account. It is almost impossible to not have a need to sent
> > something to Github.
>
> There's plenty of us that refuse to create an account with an evil
> megacorp just to re-centralize development for no reason at all.
>
> But hey, I'm not a major mdadmin contributor anyway.

It's true that you "need" to have a github account. That being said, MS
has never been friendly to FLOSS/FOSS/OSS, only to mixed source SW. Even
through to this day. For example, WSL.

So you can certainly move main dev over there, but please keep other
places alive and well because there's literally no reason to think that
this "marriage" of MS and OSS will not be an abusive relationship. E.G.
some OSS devs have noticed AIs copying their code verbatim which then can
wind up in closed source projects.

David