Re: [REGRESSION] 6.7.1: md: raid5 hang and unresponsive system; successfully bisected

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 12:07 AM Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
Leemhuis) <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 21.02.24 00:06, Dan Moulding wrote:
> > Just a friendly reminder that this regression still exists on the
> > mainline. It has been reverted in 6.7 stable. But I upgraded a
> > development system to 6.8-rc5 today and immediately hit this issue
> > again. Then I saw that it hasn't yet been reverted in Linus' tree.
>
> Song Liu, what's the status here? I aware that you fixed with quite a
> few regressions recently, but it seems like resolving this one is
> stalled. Or were you able to reproduce the issue or make some progress
> and I just missed it?

Sorry for the delay with this issue. I have been occupied with some
other stuff this week.

I haven't got luck to reproduce this issue. I will spend more time looking
into it next week.

> And if not, what's the way forward here wrt to the release of 6.8?
> Revert the culprit and try again later? Or is that not an option for one
> reason or another?

If we don't make progress with it in the next week, we will do the revert,
same as we did with stable kernels.

> Or do we assume that this is not a real issue? That it's caused by some
> oddity (bit-flip in the metadata or something like that?) only to be
> found in Dan's setup?

I don't think this is because of oddities. Hopefully we can get more
information about this soon.

Thanks,
Song