Re: [REGRESSION] 6.7.1: md: raid5 hang and unresponsive system; successfully bisected

On 21.02.24 00:06, Dan Moulding wrote:
> Just a friendly reminder that this regression still exists on the
> mainline. It has been reverted in 6.7 stable. But I upgraded a
> development system to 6.8-rc5 today and immediately hit this issue
> again. Then I saw that it hasn't yet been reverted in Linus' tree.

Song Liu, what's the status here? I aware that you fixed with quite a
few regressions recently, but it seems like resolving this one is
stalled. Or were you able to reproduce the issue or make some progress
and I just missed it?

And if not, what's the way forward here wrt to the release of 6.8?
Revert the culprit and try again later? Or is that not an option for one
reason or another?

Or do we assume that this is not a real issue? That it's caused by some
oddity (bit-flip in the metadata or something like that?) only to be
found in Dan's setup?

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot poke