Re: Requesting help recovering my array

On 27/01/2024 at 00:45, RJ Marquette wrote:
Quick follow up:Â  When I rebooted, the partition tables got munged
again.  Definitely a BIOS issue.  I have a 10TB drive on order, so I'll
copy everything off, then rebuild the array in the recommended format
with partitions, and see what happens then

You should be able to rebuild the array on top of the partitions by subtracting the partition offset from the data offset. If the partitions all begin at sector 2048:

--data-offset=$((262144-2048))s

Beware that /dev/sd* names are not always persistent across reboots, so check that the disks are in the same order as during the previous boot.

(though one wonders if I even need an array when a single drive can
hold everything...).

RAID5 provides disk fault tolerance. If you only need disk aggregation, you could use RAID0 or LVM instead.