Re: Requesting help recovering my array

Am 26.01.24 um 16:15 schrieb RJ Marquette:
I do have backups of most of the stuff that was on the array - I will lose a bunch of our ripped DVDs and Blu-Rays, which is a headache to recreate, but not truly lost.  I believe I have copies of all of our recent pictures on my laptop or desktop machine; older stuff is stored on Amazon Glacier, if needed, but I think I have a local copy of most of it.

I see a few groups of pictures I may have lost completely.  They were too new for being uploaded to Glacier, but too old to still be on my desktop or laptop.  I don't seem to have posted them online, either.  (I'm checking my Glacier inventory now to see if I did upload them at some point, but it's unlikely.)

so before "Yesterday, I swapped a newer motherboard into the computer" you didn't do a recent backup of your data and "I may try swapping back to the old motherboard" implies the repalcement was planned and not caused by a hardware failure?

a) never use unpartitioned drives anywhere
b) always make recent backups before touch ardware

two lessons where the first would have preveneted the problem at all and the second makes sure that whatever happens you have a backup of everything