Re: Requesting help recovering my array

you might do a fdisk -l sdb and see what the partition table looks
like and what type of table it is.

And run this:
 dd if=/dev/sdb bs=1M count=2 | xxd -a  | more
my first block (0000) is all 00 (this is where the  partition table
goes) and my md header looks like this:

00001000: fc4e 2ba9 0100 0000 0100 0000 0000 0000  .N+.............
00001010: ea9b 97b7 9301 0e79 ef9a ac45 a0b8 4276  .......y...E..Bv
00001020: 6c6f 6361 6c68 6f73 742e 6c6f 6361 6c64  localhost.locald
00001030: 6f6d 6169 6e3a 3133 0000 0000 0000 0000  omain:13........