Re: Two functional arrays are not assembled during boot after system upgrade

On 28-12-2023 23:40, Sandro wrote:
I recently upgraded my system from Fedora 37 to 39. During boot into the upgraded system I was thrown into emergency mode. It turned out two MD arrays had not been assembled. Unfortunately, I could not find any information in the logs as to what went wrong where.

<snip>

Further troubleshooting and investigation determined (lib)blkid to be the culprit. The version shipped in Fedora 39 (2.39.2) returns incomplete partition information in certain circumstances. Among other properties, UUID and TYPE are missing. Downgrading to 2.38.1 fixes the issue.

Meanwhile version 2.39.3 of util-linux has been released. However, I haven't had the time yet to look at the changelog to see if it contains a fix for the issue.

Thanks for your time,

-- Sandro