Re: [RFC] md/raid5: optimize RAID5 performance.

Hi Shushu,

the work certainly looks interesting!

However:

> Optimized by using fine-grained locks, customized data structures, and
> scattered address space. Achieves significant improvements in both
> throughput and latency.

this is a lot of work for a single Linux patch, we usually do that work
pice by pice instead of complete rewrite, and for such signigicant
changes the commit logs also tend to be a bit extensive.

I'm also not quite sure what scattered address spaces are - I bet
reading the paper (I plan to get to that) would explain it, but it also
helps to explain the idea in the commit message.

That's my high level nitpicking for now, I'll try to read the paper and
the patch in detail and come back later.