Re: problem with recovered array

eyal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (eyal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote on Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 06:29:14AM -03:
> More evidence that the problem relates to the cache not flushed to disk.

Yes.

> It seems that the array is slow to sync files somehow. Mythtv has no problems because it write
> only a few large files. rsync copies a very large number of small files which somehow triggers
> the problem.

Mee too. Writing few files works fine, the problem happens when many files need
flushing. That's why expanding the kernel tree blocks the machine. After many
hours it either crashes or I have to do a hard reboot because all service
stops.

It also happens with 6.1 but 6.5 is a lot more susceptible. Further, the longer
the uptime the more prone to deadlock the machine becomes...