Re: request for help on IMSM-metadata RAID-5 array

Den 2023-09-25 kl. 11:44, skrev Mariusz Tkaczyk:

Hi Joel,
sorry for late response, I see that you were able to recover the data!

Yes. I just wanted to proceed as slowly and carefully as possible so that I would not make an awkward situation worse. ;-) The advice I got from the list gave me the assurance to go ahead.

I think that metadata manager is down or broken from some reasons.
#systemctl status mdmon@md127.service

I forgot to say with my earlier post that I'm not running systemd but rather openrc. Gentoo supports both, and I have my reasons for preferring not to make the switch to systemd. Therefore...

I you will get the problem again, please try (but do not abuse- use it as last
resort!!):
#systemctl restart mdmon@md127.service

...That solution won't work. ;-)

If I do have the problem again, maybe I can come to understand better how/why it's happening.

Joel