Re: raid10, far layout initial sync slow + XFS question

On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 04:17:46 +0700
CoolCold <coolthecold@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Definitely there is a bottleneck and I very much doubt I'm the first
> one facing this - NVMe drives with > 1GB/sec are quite widespread.
>
> > RAID1 performance at some point if you raise it further to 4096, 8192 or more?
>
> I can try, for sake of testing, but in terms of practical outcome -
> let's imagine with 8MB chunks it reaches maximum - what to do with
> that knowledge?

Maybe then it would be easier for an mdadm developer to chime in and pinpoint
the reason why it might be slow for you at the smaller chunk sizes, provide a
hint if there were any commits improving that aspect in kernel versions later
than you use, etc.

--
With respect,
Roman