Re: how do i fix these RAID5 arrays?

Am 27.11.22 um 23:05 schrieb Wol:
And no, you are COMPLETELY WRONG in assuming that the only block layers that implement trim is hardware.

from a layered point of view my vmware vmdk-disk supporting trim still are hardware

Any block layer that wants to can implement trim - there is no reason whatsoever why mdadm couldn't. I never said it had, I said I wish it did

but when it comes to reality nobody cares what you wish when i outline the differences in the real world

in the real world mdadm don't anything you wish but what it does