Re: how do i fix these RAID5 arrays?

On 24/11/2022 21:20, David T-G wrote:
Roger, et al --

...and then Roger Heflin said...
%
%  I use LVM on a 4 section raid built very similar to his, except mine
% is a linear lvm so no raid0 seek issues.

Got any pointers to instructions?

Dunno whether my setup would work for you, but I've raid-5'd my disks, then put a single lvm volume over the top, and then broken that up into partitions as required.

Note that I didn't raid the entire disk, I left space for swap, boot. and /.

And I always plan to expand the array by doubling the size of the disks. Effectively a raid-5+0 sort of thing. Add two double-size disks, raid-0 the disks I've removed and add them, and there's probably enough space to resize onto those three before doubling up what's left and adding that back.

(Note also I've got dm-integrity in there too, but that's me.)

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/System2020

Cheers,
Wol