Re: RAID 1 to RAID 5 failure

On 05/04/2022 11:50, Jorge Nunes wrote:
Hi roy.

Thank you for your time.

Now, I'm doing a photorec on /dev/sda and /dev/sdd and I get better
results on (some) of the data recovered if I do it on top of /dev/md0.
I don't care anymore about recovering the filesystem, I just want to
maximize the quality of data recovered with photorec.

Once you've recovered everything you can, if no-one else has chimed in, do try shrinking it back to a 2-disk raid-5. It SHOULD restore your original filesystem. You've then just got to find out where it starts - what filesystem was it?

If it's an ext4 there's probably a signature which will tell you where it starts. Then somebody should be able to tell you how to mount it and back it up properly ...

I'm sure there will be clues to other file systems, ask on your distro list for more information - the more people who see a request for help, the more likely you are to get some.

Cheers,
Wol