RE: [URL Verdict: Neutral]Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Showing my ignorance - kernel workers

I will verify, but I'm pretty sure they are still sitting with the same bios - I did an hpe ilo get of the one bios and pushed it to the other once I saw good individual SSD performance with FIO.   I'm always fearful going out to these lists because there is much more that I don't know than I do, but at least my problems are different than "I'm running all of these desktop drives on a system with non-ECC memory and I just lost all of my movies, can you help me :)"

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Johnson <jeff.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 3:53 PM
To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Finlayson, James M CIV (USA) <james.m.finlayson4.civ@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [URL Verdict: Neutral]Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Showing my ignorance - kernel workers

All active links contained in this email were disabled.  Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

----

It might be worthwhile to check the BIOS settings on the two Rome servers to make sure the settings match, paying particular attention to NUMA and ioapic settings.

Background: Caution-https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/56745_0.80.pdf

--Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson

jeff.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Caution-www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite C - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage