Re: My superblocks have gone missing, can't reassemble raid5

On 19 May 2021, Phil Turmel spake thusly:

> weekly scrubs

*Weekly*? Scrubbing my arrays takes three or four days. If I ran them
weekly the machine would never have time to do anything else!

(I run them every couple of months. Doing them more often than that
feels too much like the machine's only job is to scrub itself :)
obviously I have good backups too. The scrubs have never spotted
anything at fault in ten years or so of scrubbing at more or less this
frequency -- more often in the past, when disks were smaller and scrubs
took less time.)

If the storage machinery on this system is so badly off that it's
misreading bits more often than that I think I have bigger problems.