Re: raid10 redundancy

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk writes:

> RAID10 is like RAID1+0, only a bit more fancy. That means it's
> basically striping across mirrors. It's *not* like RAID0+1, which is
> the other way, when you mirror two RAID0 sets. So when a drive dies in
> a RAID10, you'll have to read from one or two other drives, depending
> on redundancy and the number of drives (odd or even).

Yes... what does that have to do with what I said?  My point was that as
long as you are IO bound, it doesn't make much difference between having
to read all of the disks in the stripe for a raid6 and having to read
some number that is possibly less than that for a raid10.  They both
take about the same amount of time as just writing the data to the new
disk.